1. The Chair consists of the Chairman and two Vice-Chairmen:
- a Vice-Chairman for the sector economy and law
- a Vice Chairman for the sector engineering
The members of the Chair are required to have different European nationalities.
2. Eligibility to the chair is restricted to those holding an executive position within a
scaffolding company or a leading position within a nationally-recognized specialist
scaffolding organization which is a full member of the UEG. The office of chairman as
well as at least one vice-chairman office is reserved for persons who currently hold an
executive position in a scaffolding company.
Committee members are elected by the member body for a term of two years. The
chairman and the vice-chairman are elected on the recommendation of their national
specialist organizations, which must be full members. The person receiving the
absolute majority of all votes cast is elected. If no candidate receives such a majority,
then a second ballot takes place between the two candidates with the most votes, in
which the simple majority decides. The committee remains in office until a new
election takes place.
3. In case the Chairman is temporarily detained from his office or resigns from office
before his term expires, the Vice-Chairman for the sector economy and law
provisionally accepts the office. In compliance with the previously mentioned
requirements for one of the Vice-Chairmen, the Secretary General provisionally
accepts the office. If a member of the Chair resigns from office before his term
expires, the next general meeting must initiate a new election for the remaining term
4. The Chair makes decisions with simple majority of the members. Each member of the
Chair has one vote. In case of a voting tie, the vote of the Chairman is decisive. The
Chair is quorate when more than half of the members are present. Generally,
resolutions are adopted at conferences, at which the Chair must be present. In
exceptional cases, especially in cases of urgency or sickness of a chair member,
resolutions can also be passed in written procedure (sending it through post, fax, or
e-mail), unless a member of the Chair objects.
5. The Chairman convenes the Chair as necessary or when two members of the Chair
request a meeting. The General Secretary in the name of the chairman will give the
date, place and agenda of the meeting to the members of the Chair at least three
weeks ahead of the conference.